All schools in the Seckford family are governed by a board of trustees. The Secretary of State for Education and the Seckford Foundation have the ability to nominate individuals or charities to become members. Trustees on the board are appointed by the members. The current members of the Trust are the Seckford Foundation itself, two governors/officers of the Seckford Foundation (Mr R Finbow and Mr G Watson) and the Chair of the Trust (Mr J Wellesley Wesley).
The Trust Board includes two parent directors, who have to be a parent/carer of a student at one of our schools at the time they are elected. An election is required if the number of applicants is greater than the number of vacancies.
Sub-committees feed into the Trust Board, namely the Finance and General Purposes Committee and Audit Committee. In addition there are Local Advisory Bodies for each of the Trust’s Free Schools (Beccles, Ixworth and Saxmundham). Click here for the terms of reference of these committees and Local Advisory Bodies.
The governance structure of the Seckford Foundation Free Schools Trust and its family of free schools is depicted in the chart below:
The Chairs of the Trust Board and its Committees are as follows:
- Chair of Trust Board – Mr J Wellesley Wesley
- Chair of Finance and General Purposes Committee – Mr J Chin
- Chair of Audit Committee – Mr J Wellesley Wesley
If you wish to contact the trustees please call 01394 615100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Chair of Trustees, The Seckford Foundation Free Schools Trust, Marryott House, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 4JJ.
Local Advisory Bodies
The Seckford Foundation Free Schools Trust has Local Advisory Bodies for all its schools. Find out more about the Local Advisory Body at each of our schools by clicking on the links below:
Trust Leadership Group
The Trust Leadership Group (or TLG) is the first tier of operational leadership of the Trust, dealing specifically with strategic issues affecting the whole organisation. Members of the group are:
- Mr G Watson, Director of the Seckford Foundation (chair)
- Mr N Youngman – Headteacher of Beccles Free School
- Mr M Barrow – Headteacher of Ixworth Free School
- Mr D Lees – Headteacher of Saxmundham Free School
- Mr S Stafford, Head of Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Mrs J Farrall, Head of Human Resources
Senior Leadership Teams
Each school is led by the Headteacher with a Senior Leadership Team (SLT) comprising of the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and the Assistant Headteacher and members of the Extended Leadership Team (ELT) comprising of Subject Leaders in key subjects and the School Administration Manager:
- Beccles Free School – Mr N Youngman (Headteacher), Mr T Ward (Deputy Headteacher), Mrs M Herod (Assistant Headteacher), Mr C Morris (Subject Leader (English, Literacy and MFL), Mr J Pentney (Subject Leader (Maths and Numeracy)), Mr G Butler (Teacher), Miss S Field (Subject Leader (Science)) and Mr George Wall (School Administration Manager);
- Ixworth Free School – Mr M Barrow (Headteacher), Mr A King (Assistant Headteacher), Mr C Beales (Subject Leader (Maths and Numeracy)), Mr J Hudson (Head of Lower School / Teacher (PE) /Alternate Safeguarding Lead), Mrs S Bell (Inclusion Leader / Designated Safeguarding Lead) and Mrs P Parker (Head of Upper School / Teacher (English))
- Saxmundham Free School – Mr D Lees (Headteacher), Mrs S Robbins (School Administration Manager), Miss S Marsden (Pastoral), Miss E Issac (Teaching and Learning), Mr J Woolven (Curriculum) and Mr R Battle (Progress and Standards).