All schools in the Seckford family are governed by a board of trustees. The Secretary of State for Education and the Seckford Foundation have the ability to nominate individuals or charities to become members. Trustees on the board are appointed by the members. The current members of the Trust are the Seckford Foundation itself, two governors/officers of the Seckford Foundation (Mr R Finbow and Mr G Watson) and the Chair of the Trust (Mr J Wellesley Wesley).
The Trust Board includes two parent directors, who have to be a parent/carer of a student at one of our schools at the time they are elected. An election is required if the number of applicants is greater than the number of vacancies.
Sub-committees feed into the Trust Board, namely the Finance and General Purposes Committee and Audit Committee. In addition there are Local Advisory Bodies for each of the Trust’s Free Schools (Beccles, Ixworth and Saxmundham). Click here for the terms of reference of these committees and Local Advisory Bodies.
The governance structure of the Seckford Foundation Free Schools Trust and its family of free schools is depicted in the chart below:
The Chairs of the Trust Board and its Committees are as follows:
- Chair of Trust Board – Mr J Wellesley Wesley
- Chair of Finance and General Purposes Committee – Mr J Chin
- Chair of Audit Committee – Mr J Wellesley Wesley
If you wish to contact the trustees please call 01394 615100, email email@example.com or write to Chair of Trustees, The Seckford Foundation Free Schools Trust, Marryott House, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 4JJ.
Local Advisory Bodies
The Seckford Foundation Free Schools Trust has Local Advisory Bodies for all its schools. Find out more about the Local Advisory Body at each of our schools by clicking on the links below:
Trust Leadership Group
The Trust Leadership Group (or TLG) is the first tier of operational leadership of the Trust, dealing specifically with strategic issues affecting the whole organisation. Members of the group are:
- Mr G Watson, Director of the Seckford Foundation (chair)
- Mr M Barrow – Headteacher of Ixworth Free School (Systems Leader: Teaching and Learning; Student Outcomes)
- Mr D Lees – Headteacher of Beccles and Saxmundham Free School (Systems Leader: Safeguarding, Personal Development and Well-being)
Trust Extended Leadership Team
The Trust Extended Leadership Team consists of the senior leaders of the schools which includes the Cross-Trust Assistant Headteachers (AHT) of each school.
- Mr Jason Pentney, Cross Trust Assistant Head Teacher, (Progress and Standards)
- Mrs Shona Power, Cross Trust Assistant Head Teacher, (Head of Pastoral)
- Mrs Pia Parker, Cross Trust Assistant Head Teacher, (Head of Pastoral)
- Mr Robert Battle, Cross Trust Assistant Head Teacher, (Progress and Standards)
- Miss Elizabeth Isaac, Cross Trust Assistant Head Teacher, (Teaching and Learning)
- Mrs Sarah Marsden, Cross Trust Assistant Head, (Head of Pastoral)
- Mr James Woolven, (Senior Teacher, Enrichment and extra-curricular)
- Mr Christopher Beales, Senior Teacher, Timetable
Local Senior Leadership Teams
Each school is supported by the TELT and led by the Headteacher with a Senior Leadership Team (SLT) comprising of the the Assistant Headteacher(s) and members of the Extended Leadership Team (ELT), including Subject Leaders in key subjects and the School Administration Manager:
- Beccles Free School – Mr D Lees (Headteacher), Mr J Pentney (Assistant Headteacher (Progress and Standards) / Subject Leader (Maths), Shona Power (Assistant Headteacher (Head of Pastoral) and George Wall (School Administration Manager) – ELT includes Mr G Butler (Subject Leader (Science) Joint Teaching & Learning Lead) and Jade Reeve (SENDCo).
- Ixworth Free School – Mr M Barrow (Headteacher), Mrs P Parker (Assistant Headteacher), Mr C Beales (Subject Leader (Maths and Numeracy)), Mrs S Bell (Designated Safeguarding Lead / Joint SENCO), Mr P Reardon (Subject Leader, Creative) and Mrs C Steed (School Administration Manager).
- Saxmundham Free School – Mr D Lees (Headteacher), Mrs S Robbins (School Administration Manager), Miss S Marsden (Assisstant Headteacher (Head of Pastoral), Mr J Woolven (Curriculum) and Mr R Battle Assistant Headteacher (Progress and Standards) – ELT includes Mrs A Mellor (Teaching & Learning) and Mrs J MacDonald (SENDCo).